Friday, March 4, 2011

Spring...

Whoopsie-daisie, I meant to include a link to Pioneer Woman's website. Have fun looking around over there, if you haven't already!

I was wakened this morning at 2:30 by the sound of rain on our metal roof. It was so unfamiliar. When was our last big rain? And yesterday I saw and heard a large flock of geese flying in V-formation across the top of the sky.

And tonite--way cool, I saw a sedge or siege (I looked it up) of sandhill cranes in a local cornfield. Signs that spring is indeed on its way.


2 comments:

Kate said...

Oh! The sandhills are back?!? After being in a depressive state for the last two weeks, you just gave me reason to smile!

PersimonDreams said...

I really do hope that spring is coming! I need it to be here :)

You won the coffee cozy on my blog - please contact me asap with your email so I can put you in contact with the prize giver...

lapaceksorchard at gmail dot com