Sunday, March 6, 2011

Soaking

I did something last night that I haven't done in years...

I took a bath.

sorry, no photos...

It's such a simple pleasure and so easy to do. As I sat in the tub I wondered why I don't take baths more often. It was so nice.

Most of the time I don't think about it. When I do think about it, it seems there are always a million other things I should/could be doing. It's just another example of how the busyness of our lives precludes self-nurturing. We often don't make the time to take good care of ourselves and then it catches up to us. How can we be good parents, partners and friends if we are run-down, malnourished and sleep-deprived?

It's Sunday. Plan to pamper yourself today.

Paint your toenails, take a bath, go for a long walk, meditate, read a book, run, start a blog, go to bed early, give yourself a facial, do yoga, sing.

Ask yourself what you need and then make it happen.

Just this once.

Ask your family to give you this small gift.

No comments: