Monday, March 5, 2012

Thinking about Gardening


This is a solar-lunar calendar. 



Apart from being quite beautiful to look at ~ a work of art, really ~ it also provides gardening advice.

Various dates are marked with symbols explaining when is the best time, or a good time, or a favorable time for certain gardening activities.

This particular calendar is made by these folks. They've been doing it for many a year and the calendars are always beautiful and creative. 

I have never followed a solar/lunar calendar for gardening ~ usually I'm just trying to get everything in before the end of June (grin).

But it is intriguing and I hope to follow it somewhat this year and see what magic happens in my garden!

Anyone out there ever follow a calendar like this for gardening? I'd love to hear how it seemed to affect your plantings.

2 comments:

Michaele said...

I haven't ever tried it but would love to hear how it works for you. If it does - I will try too : )

Buttons Thoughts said...

I have never used one like you before the end of June was always my way:)
It sure is pretty. Good luck I hope it works. B