Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I am weary.

I am weary of a world in which politicians jockey for votes. Or create mind-numbingly wasteful bills. Or create divisiveness in all of the work they do.

Why is there

so.

much.

hate?

Why do we tolerate it?

Is it okay to tell anyone else how to live their lives?
Even if we think we are doing them a favor?

Where is logic and middle-ground?

One of our esteemed senators has proposed a "wonderful" bill in Wisconsin. One that states single-parent homes are contributing factors in child abuse.

I am trying to figure this out.

For what reason would a person create this bill?

I am assuming that he created this bill out of a "concern" for the welfare of children.

But, what I'm really trying to figure out is how does this bill solve the problem about which he is supposedly so concerned?

Should all single parents now get married? Does that suddenly prevent any child abuse? And what if my spouse dies? Will I become an abusive parent? What about all of the abuse that occurs inside of two-parent households? Maybe we need a new bill for that?

Meanwhile, Wisconsin is the only state in the nation that hasn't had private-sector job growth.

But we're coming down hard on those single parents.

Real work is being done in Wisconsin, people.

3 comments:

Michaele said...

Too bad you can't "post" this in the newspaper.

Jim Helwig said...

What is up with Grothman? I thought this was 2012, not 1812.

Michaele said...

Hey Deb - you won my drawing : ) please email me with your address.