Friday, June 24, 2011

House Elves

I am a huge Harry Potter fan. The cat's out of the bag.

I began reading the books out loud to the kids a few years ago and read them to myself a time or two since then. Love them. Wished they had been written when I was my kids ages.

It's my guilty pleasure when I am feeling under the weather to watch the movies while lying horizontally on the couch.

But what I really want to talk about today are house elves.

I want one.

Wouldn't it be lovely to have someone tidy up at the end of each day and generally keep things clean, while preparing meals and doing the laundry in-between. Oh--and the dishes. Someone will need to do the dishes.

Now I know that Hermione felt that elves weren't treated properly and I certainly wouldn't want to take advantage of any being. We would pay our elf well and even allow our elf a vacation or two.

But in the summer especially, when there are so many chores to do outside, a house elf would be nice.

Maybe I can just stick pointy ears on my kids and pretend....

No comments: