Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Sitting with a Cup of Tea


We all know that the way you start your day can have a powerful impact on the tone for the rest of the day.

For awhile the first thing I did when I woke up was turn on the computer, check emails, read the news, etc.

Well, really the first thing I do is get the teakettle going.

Then I opened the computer.

But I realized that most of my email was junk. The news is almost always depressing and if I really want to know what the weather is, I should just look out the darn window!

What I also realized is that I seldom sit and do nothing-- just enjoying a moment of being.

So I thought of something to try:

Just sitting with a cup of tea in the morning.

or the beverage of your choosing: coffee, water  juice or wine ....

[Just making sure you were paying attention.]

Or no beverage at all.

Just sit. Don't feel the pressure of any task that needs to be accomplished. No list of chores or errands that have to be run. Don't read a book or the newspaper.

It's challenging. But good for the soul.

Pretend you're a friend who popped over for a minute or two in the morning to say hello.


Just be with yourself for a moment or two,

sitting with a cup of tea.
 


Oh, and you can drink it, too.

2 comments:

retrorevival.biz said...

Good for the soul ~ I agree! Mornings are my favorite time of day. I begin mine with a quiet, peaceful walk with our dog to feed the chickens. Before anyone else is up and the sun is rising. Gives me goosebumps every day:)

~Cindy

Michaele said...

No time in the morning but once I get to work I can sit and do nothing. lol