Friday, February 24, 2012

Followers



So I have a teensy-eensy little favor to ask.

If you read my blog, but don't follow, could you please become a follower?

Oh.

there I did it.

I begged. And I told myself I wasn't going to beg.

I don't know, did that little "please" in here make it sound like begging?

It kinda did to me.

I'm not begging.

Not really.

It's just that half of my followers are friends or family

 [where the rest of my family and friends are I do NOT know--we'll need to have a talk]

....and I think I'm paying some of my followers.

Well, not really, but probably I should be.

HE follows me only to check and see if I am 
taking credit for all the work he does around here.

It's true: I design, pick out styles and colors and 
then take pictures of him doing all the labor.

If you ever read "we" did such and such, 
you can pretty much guarantee HE's doing the heavy work.



 
And when I read other blogs that I follow and note 
how many followers they have,
[some have 20 times as many followers!!]
I start to wonder what they've got that I haven't.

Maybe they are more entertaining than I am.

That is most probably true.

Maybe they have more beautiful photographs than me.

yup.

Or they include more amazing crafts and do-it-yourself projects in their pages.

Sure.

Or maybe they write more often than I do.

That's definitely true.

Okay! I'll try. 
I'll try to write more often, 
and try to include projects, crafts, activities, recipes and beautiful photos.

[....suddenly, Yoda's voice speaks in my head....
this happens more often than you might think]

"No! Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try"

~see that cute guy over here~

Okay, okay, I'll do those things.

Oh boy, now I did it.

I begged and made a promise.

I am in it deep over here.


Here's a more straight-forward request: it's my birthday today 
and a super great present would be to have a few more followers.

So, if you are not currently a follower, I invite you to follow me.  

At the end of this post I will include the yummalicious recipe for the 
donut holes we made the other day.

And here is a beautiful photo...




We are also working on tiling our back-splash 
and I will post about that in the next few days.....

And I will post about my little crocheting projects...

And the craft and science ideas we are planning for
the homeschooling conference....

Whew! .....what did I miss?


taken from Hobby Farm Home magazine

Pumpkin Donuts

The pumpkin makes this dough sticky; if at all possible, chill it overnight unless you plan to make freshly scooped doughnut holes. If you have pumpkin-pie spice on hand, use 4 tsp in place of the cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves and cardamom.

3 large eggs
1 C granulated sugar
3 T unsalted butter, melted
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 C pumpkin puree
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 C buttermilk or plain yogurt
3 1/3 C flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp ground cinnamon
3/4 tsp ground nutmeg
3/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp ground cardamom
oil or shortening for deep-frying

Preparation

In large bowl, beat eggs and sugar on high speed until light and fluffy. Beat in butter and vanilla. Beat in pumpkin. Dissolve baking soda in buttermilk (or yogurt); beat into eggs. In separate bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves and cardamom. Add to egg mixture and mix on low speed just until blended. Refrigerate mixture at least 30 minutes or up to several days.

In deep pot, cast-iron pan, Dutch oven or electric fryer, heat oil to 350 degrees. On lightly floured rolling board, dust dough with flour, then roll or pat it out with floured hands to 1/4 inch thick. Cut donuts into desired shapes. Gently add donuts to the oil without overcrowding the pan; cook one minute, turn them over and cook additional one minute, keeping oil at 350 degrees. Using spider or slotted spoon, remove to cooling rack set over baking sheet. Roll donuts in cinnamon-sugar or pumpkin spice and sugar (mix up the spices that were used in the dough). Makes about 5 dozen donut holes or 20 donuts and 20 donut holes.

*We used a small ice cream scoop to scoop out a small amount of dough and gently drop it into the pan. The dough was tricky to roll out and make cut-outs because it was so sticky, even after refrigerating.

The dough keeps for up to 5 days in the fridge--tightly covered.


Have a Beautiful Day!


2 comments:

Family Travellers said...

OK, it worked, I'm a follower. Now please do me a favor and follow mine:)
www.worldfamilytravellers.blogspot.com

Michaele said...

Did it work?