Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Seasonal Depression

I'm depressed.

I have been waiting all "winter" for a big snowstorm.

Waiting in vain.

Every once in awhile the "weather-folks" would predict a respectable amount of snow for our region and I would get a bit excited. 

But nothing much ever came of their predictions. 

This week is no exception.

A few days ago we were predicted to get several inches of snow.

Now, maybe some sleet and just a couple inches of snow. 

I'm sure by this time tomorrow, the landscape will be as bleak and brown as it is today. 

My hairdresser told me she went out running and noticed that the cranes are back.

The cranes are back. 

It's February.

That just isn't right.

2 comments:

eva~ said...

If only you had good friends that could send nice cards in the mail! Instead of only think of you when she sees it on the calendar. I would recommend that you look up a fine chap, David Grayson, Adventures in Contentment and many other books. He is my hero!! When my car died in the left turn lane on main street in Fond du Lac I said to myself....what would David Grayson do??

Michaele said...

So many people on facebook are getting huge amounts of snow. Too bad it missed you. Us? Rain and more rain.