Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Chickens in the House!

Our buckeyes free range over our property. The house is a good distance from the road and the perimeter of our "yard" is surrounded by tall grasses. They enjoy foraging around for nummy things to eat and roam all over, staying within the grassy perimeter. Sometimes they just sit outside the doors to the house and look in at us, inquiringly. They're funny. And entertaining.

A few weeks ago, I was unloading the car after running some errands in town. HE was in the midst of cleaning and organizing the garage. During one of my trips from the car to the house HE asked me to take a look at something in the garage. I stopped what I was doing and we had a 10 to 15 minute discussion.

What I had forgotten is that the door to the house was wide open.

On my next trip into the house I noticed a few more inhabitants than usual.



They were quite polite guests--they didn't leave a mess.

And they vacated the premises upon our request (with a small bit of encouragement).

Curious little critters, they are.

Funny.

and Entertaining.

1 comment:

Michaele said...

How delightful for them. And I love that rug, so I hope they didn't mess it up! Cute!