Saturday, November 27, 2010

Quiche a la Dead Rat Hill

Aidan cracked the first DRH eggs into my food processor to make a quiche for dinner the other night. We'd been getting anywhere from one to three eggs a day for a few days and had enough for a meal.
Look at those yolks!
I sauteed some onions and added some kale from the garden that I had frozen. I thawed it prior to adding it to the pan and let it warm up a bit, steaming off the excess liquid. Then, I stirred in some thyme, salt, pepper and dry mustard and let it cool for a few minutes. Meanwhile, I spread some cheese over the bottom of the crust. I added the kale to the eggs, which I had beaten with about a cup of milk, poured that over the cheese, topped it with a bit of Parmesan, baked it and voila:
The kids even liked it! Though they are pretty good eaters (they try new things, etc) they can get picky from time to time, especially with things that have a lot of different ingredients all mixed together. It made a delicious, easy dinner and good left-overs for breakfast!

No comments: