Monday, November 22, 2010

Applesauce, Take 2

As my girl friends and I came to the realization that we were all rationing our few remaining jars of canned applesauce, we decided it was a good time to can some more. The fact that we were standing inside the store of Lapacek's Apple Orchard certainly helped. We sealed the deal with the purchase of a bushel and a peck of apples--Idared's and Lapacek's own baker's mix. An afternoon later, we are 8 quarts and 28 pints richer. The kids all had samples and deemed it "yummy"!
This is one of those tasks that I could certainly do at home alone, but it is so enjoyable to can with friends. We catch up on each others lives and generally make the time seem to fairly fly. We share the work and the bounty.
Perhaps I will try to go it alone, one day. But for now, it's much more motivating to share this activity with friends. And to be thankful that I have so many of those in my life!

No comments: