Monday, November 8, 2010

Horse Riding

Thanks to my friend, Krista and a few bike rides, I discovered a neighbor who gives horse riding lessons. Acquiring horses has always been on the long-term project list for Dead Rat Hill. It seems prudent that Erica and Aidan learn how to ride from experienced personnel. I haven't been on a horse since I was a kid, but I more or less remember the basics.

Erica has been riding Skip-- a sweet, gentle and quite humungus animal:
But my girl's got the genes--she's a natural, according the Patty (our instructor). I'm quite sure it came from me. I'm a natural too. My most distinct horse riding memories both involve falling off, but I'm pretty sure I'm a natural. Anyway I like horses.
Aidan rode Rocket last week and loves riding!
It's so cool to see him beaming with pride. Patty loads on the praise and he is happiness personified.
He's a natural, too. He gets it from me.

For the time being, I just watch my offspring prance around. Next spring I'll get my ridin' boots on and join the party. In the meantime, I get visits from King the cat and Gomer the pup. I read books and play the paparazzi.
Life is good.

No comments: