Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Friends

We are blessed to have some extraordinary people in our lives and humbled to call them friends. They are fun, caring, honest, open, generous, sincere. Over the years, they have helped us in so may ways--ways that you can see and ways that you can't.

This past weekend, some of our friends came over to help us finish prepping the garden for planting. They leveled out the garden beds, raking in compost, erected the fence , pulled weed and mulched the paths and beds. Jim assisted them and I was able to get out there for an hour or so as well. It would have taken Jim and I at least an entire day to finish this, but because of their help, those tasks are completed and we can move on to the other time-critical jobs that our waiting on our list.  Yes, their help is something you can see, but it affected us in ways that you can't.

Many thanks to Krista, Julia and Krista for your cheerful help! And thanks to Melissa for feeding us last week-I'm not sure what we would have eaten (PB and J, perhaps?) if you hadn't supplied us with all that yummy food!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

In other news, the bees look okay. HE checked on them with our young Apiarist, Erica. The queens had been released in both hives, but they have not started laying yet, so in a few days we will check it out again and make sure all is well in bee land.
Later I asked Erica if she was at all freaked-out about holding the bee frame. She said the only thing she was worried about was accidentally squashing one of the bees..... My little animal-lover. Okay, I have been told that "I'm not little, mom", so I will say young animal-lover. She amazes me.

No comments: