Thursday, January 5, 2012

Balmy in Wisconsin

The smell of springtime was in the air as we made our way down to the mailbox today.

I admit, it was nice.

Though at the same time, it's unsettling.

40 degrees on January 5th in Wisconsin just doesn't feel right.

It's not the first time for warmish weather this time of year, but given the lack of real cold and snow... well, it's just weird.

I was born and raised (mostly) in Wisconsin.

I love the seasons--all four of them.

When it's winter, I want it to be winter.

Bring it on--cold, snow, wind.

I don't like this.

No, I don't like this at all.

........but the bees do.





2 comments:

Deb said...

I stand corrected--it was 50 degrees today!

Mary Ann said...

Oh, my... and we have had only a dusting of snow down here, too... and had a foot on the ground this date last year. I hope this doesn't mean a long, hard summer!