Monday, February 21, 2011

It Worked!!

...my snow dance, that is!
I know, some of you probably think I am crazy--who wants more snow? This time of year lots of folks are praying for spring. But as the story goes, I was born in a blizzard, so I guess it's in my blood. Anyway it's pretty~much better than looking at brown for the next two months.

Snow Dancing isn't all that hard. You just need to read this book by Lezlie Evans, turn on some music and watch for the storm clouds.
My husband and kids don't know this, but I LOVE children's picture books. If I could, I would collect them, but it would be a bit obvious seeing as my kids are kind-of past the picture book phase. I could collect them for my niece, who is still 5, but then I would have to actually give them to her and seeing as she lives in Maryland there's no benefit to me.

I'll keep working on that one--for now I will not be parting with our current collection of children's picture books, so don't even ask.

One of my other loves is the moon. Especially when it's fat and full and either rising or setting and takes you by surprise. Those are the moments it takes your breath away. Late this week, just before my snow-dance snow storm arrived, I woke up to this moon setting in the west. My photo is a bit blurry, but wow it was stunning.
Moon watching and snow dancing--two of my favorite past-times. Okay, well, maybe not in the top ten, but they're pretty important!

2 comments:

Catherine said...

What a great shot of the moon. That's what it looks like rising over our farm... Guess that's why we named it Rising Moon Farm.

Thanks for the snow dance!

Deb said...

Catherine,
Thanks! There were several mornings I woke up last week and the moon setting was so beautiful! We live on a rise--it used to be a hay field decades ago--so we can see the moon and the sun rising and setting. It's a wonderful gift. We want to plant a lot of trees, but I hope we won't ruin the view:-)

Thanks for your stories--you're a wonderfully entertaining writer.