Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Advent Day #19

A couple of years ago I had seen a craft project in a magazine to make a keepsake ornament for your baby's first Christmas. I thought it looked like a cute idea and decided that we could modify it for the kids, seeing as they are definitely not babies.

I purchased four glass ornaments at a Michael's craft store. We made 3/8 inch-wide strips of paper and my daughter shared her fabulous gel pen collection.



Then we got to work.

HE used his ornament as a place to store memories from this past year, leaving room to add more over the next couple years.

I recorded things for which I am thankful,
along with wishes for the future. 

Erica placed her secrets inside her ornament.


And Aidan filled his ornament with paper shapes of various sizes and colors.

After writing our thoughts on the slips of paper, we wrapped the paper around the pen and slowly wound it through the neck of the ornament.



Many of the pieced Aidan used just slipped right into the ornament. The larger ones, he gently bent to fit.

 
 
A fun night of creativity.


No comments: