Monday, April 25, 2011

Sorry to be AWOL

I've been busy and tired.

But, as a dear friend just reminded be--I haven't let folks know that we do indeed have a new batch of chicks. They all arrived healthy and alive and thirsty! Even though we did this last year, I forgot just how teeny those guys are when they are brand spanking new! So cute. and fuffy. Love.

So, our upstairs bathroom is now occupado. You can use it, but accessing the toilet is a bit tricky.

Bees are still not here. With the cold spring, the delivery has been delayed. Hopefully this week or next and our second hive will be buzzing again!

I'm so excited that spring is here again and that the weather has decided to warm up a bit. We've gotten some of our early seeds into the ground and I am so looking forward to those first tastes of radish, spinach, lettuce and peas.

In closing, here's a couple of pictures of Mother Nature's little joke last week (April 20th). At least she loves me~note the heart shaped snow on my garden shed window.

Fortunately it melted quickly.

No comments: