Thursday, January 20, 2011

Rustic Pear Tart

Just made this for dessert tonite.
It was either that or go and shake my rump off at zumba for an hour.
I mean, seriously, which would you choose?

Those pears were really close to rotting.

I had to do it tonite or never.

Speaking of zumba--you can find out more here: http://ksabrosa.com/

You can also vote for your favorite quilt for the first project of Season 2 of Project Quilting here: http://kimscraftyapple.blogspot.com/
Do it soon! You can even win a prize!!  Kim's family owns the apple orchard where we like to shop during the season for all kinds of things, and their apples are quite yummy and are featured in our homemade/canned applesauce (see earlier blog posts). Wonderful, amazing family!

I had hoped to enter Project Quilting, but realized I have way too many unfinished projects in my closet to even think about it. I even had my idea sketched out, fabric pulled out of my stash and was ready to go.

Then my daughter got sick.

Then I got sick.

Then I looked in my closet again and thought I'd better wait for season 3 and get working on finishing some of those unfinished things! I guess I do have a New Year's Resolution!!

Oh, and here's a link to the recipe I mentioned earlier: Rustic Pear Tart -Aidan declared it "yummy"!

No comments: