Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Farmer Bliss

I looked up the other night as I was washing dishes and saw this:
Chicken-on-a-Grill
It took me a few days to get used to seeing the cuties wandering around the yard. Now it's just normal. No eggs--yet. We are just over the 6 month mark and Buckeyes are "later" bloomers, but we should be getting some eggs anytime now. I'm going to make a frittata or an omelette or a quiche, or maybe all of the above!! 

I had the delightful privilege to can apples and apple pie filling with some of my dear friends last night. We had a wonderful evening and ended up with 20 pints of apple sauce (the kids gave it a thumbs-up) and 14 pints and 4 quarts of apple pie filling! Good Eating and Pure Bliss!
Quarts-o-apple-pie-filling
Sweet pints of apples and sunshine!
Wine went into the mamas, not the apples. Though maybe we'll try that one day.......

No comments: